- STADIUM: Sports Authority Field at Mile High
- ADDRESS 1701 Bryant Street, Denver, Colorado 80204
- OWNER: Metropolitan Football Stadium District (MFSD)
- SEATING CAPACITY: 76,125 CLUB SEATS: 8,200 SUITES: 144
- TOTAL SQ. FT.: 1,717,000 TOTAL SITE: 89 Acres
- PLAYING SURFACE: Natural Grass with Desso Grassmaster
- OPERATOR Stadium Management Company, LLC. (SMC)
- YEAR OPENED: 2001
- COST: 400.7 Million
- ARCHITECTS & CONTRACTORS:: Turner / Empire / Alvarado Construction and HNTB Architects in association with Fentress Bradburn Architects andBertram A. Bruton Architects
- METHOD OF CONSTRUCTION: Design Build (1st Stadium to Utilize Design Build)
- LEVELS: 5 Levels (Field, Main Concourse, Plaza, Club, Suite, Upper Concourse)
- ELEVATORS: 11 Passenger, 2 Freight ESCALATORS: 15
- ENTRANCE GATES: 10 Public Entrance Gates
- ON-SITE PARKING: 7,500 Spaces OFF-SITE PARKING: 12,000 Spaces
- LIGHT RAIL: 2 Light Rail Stations
- VIDEO DISPLAYS: 3 Daktronics HD Displays. South: 220' x 40' North: (2) 62'x 30'
2013 STADIUM IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
Prior to the start of the 2013 NFL season, over $ 32 million in improvement projects to benefit the fan experience were completed at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Projects included new video displays, concourse improvements & other audio visual enhancements.
Summary of Offseason Stadium Improvements
Video Overview of Stadium Improvements
The playing surface at Sports Authority Field at Mile High is a natural grass (Kentucky Bluegrass) field with the Desso Grassmaster field stabilization system. This system strengthens and reinforces the playing surface with millions of artificial fibers that are injected into the surface to a depth of approximately 8 inches. The roots of the natural grass as they grow, become intertwined with the fibers, "anchoring" the field and providing greater stability, durability and strength.
First utilized on European soccer fields, Sports Authority Field at Mile High was the first professional stadium in North America to utilize this technology.
In 2004 the playing surface at Sports Authority Field at Mile High was awarded the top field in both the professional football category and professional soccer category by the Sports Turf Manager's Association (STMA), the first time the same facility has been awarded the top field in both categories in the history of the association.
AUDIO VISUAL SYSTEMS
As part of over $32 million in stadium improvements completed prior to the start of the 2013 NFL season, significant upgrades to the in-stadium audio visual systems were completed including replacement of all three original video boards with new, high definition boards manufactured by Daktronics, with the largest measuring 220' Long x 40' High, the 3rd largest video board in the NFL and the largest video board of any outdoor stadium in the league. Video Boards
(3) Daktronics HD Video Displays
- South End: 220' L x 40' H.
- North End: (2) 62' L x 30' H
Fully Distributed Sound System Sports Video Technology Article on Sports Authority Field Upgrades Sports Video Technology Article on the Sound System Improvements