BAG POLICY OVERVIEW
To provide a safer environment for the public and expedite fan entry into the stadium, NFL policy limits and restricts the size and type of bags that are permitted into the stadium during Broncos games and any other in-stadium public event.
The Broncos encourage fans not to bring any bags, however the following will be permitted:
- One clear bag no larger than 12" by x 6" x 12" OR a one-gallon clear freezer bag (Ziploc or similar).
- In addition, fans may carry a small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5" x 4.5", with or without a strap.
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Blankets should be carried over the shoulder to be screened more quickly.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Seat cushions must not exceed 18 inches wide and contain no pockets, zippers or concealable areas.
There are no provisions to check items at the gates. Fans will be asked to either take prohibited items back to their car, if they have not entered the stadium, or dispose of prohibited items at the gate. The Denver Broncos and the stadium are not responsible for items left behind, lost, stolen, or damaged.
TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS
To speed the security screening process, the following suggestions are offered:
When arriving at the stadium gates, fans will pass through two security checks. At the first, which is a short distance from the gate, staff will visually check the size and type of all bags being carried in to ensure they meet NFL requirements.
At the second security check, located at the gate itself, the contents of all bags will be searched and all fans will be subject to screening with a hand-held metal detector.
To speed the process, prior to arriving at the first security check:
- Make sure that any bags being carried in meet NFL guidelines.
- Remove any jackets or other large, bulky items from your bag and carry these in hand. When the contents of your bag are clearly visible staff can screen bags without requiring any contents to be removed. If blankets or other items conceal the contents of a bag, staff must request that they be removed in order for screening to take place, delaying the process.
- For screening with the metal detector, remove any keys, coins or other metal objects from your pockets and hold these in hand.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Question: How many bags can each person bring into the stadium?
One large clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or the 12” by 6” by 12” clear bag – plus a small clutch. The larger clear bag must be a standard 12” by 6” by 12” made of clear PVC vinyl and is easily searched. The one-gallon Ziploc bag is readily available, inexpensive and easily searched. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and also is easily searched.
Question: Am I still able to bring in food and beverage & other items that have been permitted in the past?
Yes, this policy does not restrict the items which fans have been permitted to bring in past years, it limits and restricts the size and type of bag or container that these items are permitted to be carried into the stadium in.
Question: Can fans carry cameras, binoculars, smart phones or other approved items separately from what they put in a clear bag?
Yes. Binoculars or a phone or camera can be carried into the stadium so long as it is not in its own bag. This is not a restriction on items that fans have been able to bring into the stadium. It is only a restriction on the type of container used to carry items.
Question: Are diaper bags permitted?
Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
Question: Are seat cushions allowed to be carried into the stadium?
Traditional stadium seat pads are permitted as long as they do not exceed 18 inches wide and are one piece, containing no pockets, zippers or concealable areas.
Question: What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
Yes, blankets are permitted. Fans will be able to bring blankets by tossing them over a shoulder or arm so that they can be easily screened.
Question: What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be turned away from the stadium before arriving at screening points. Complimentary, disposable clear plastic freezer bags will be available at the stadium to afford guests the opportunity to transfer their belongings to an approved bag before they approach the stadium. As an alternative for guests that have no other option, stadiums are encouraged to consider providing the opportunity to temporarily check non-compliant bags at a facility located well outside the bag-restricted area.
Question: If I have certain items that I need to bring into the stadium for medical reasons and they won’t fit in the clear bag, what do I do?
There will be a separate entrance to allow screening of these bags and medically necessary items.